It is important to feed large-breed dogs prone to obesity a diet that is a well-balanced, low-energy food and proportionally enriched with all the nutrients to satisfy the animals' needs. It contains all the nutrients a dog needs such as essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals despite restricted calories. A nutritional deficiency and muscle loss in the pet can be caused only by reducing the feeding portions of a normal maintenance diet.
- Customized Kibble Shape: The design of the kibble is one of the key factors that sets Royal Canin apart; they consider all the unique aspects of the animal and design a food is that is easy to pick up and chew.
- Weight Management Support: L-Carnitine (200 mg/kg) helps to burn fat, ensuring that your large breed dog maintains an optimal weight for a healthy lifestyle.
- Appetite Satisfaction: A specially tailored, lower density kibble, combined with exclusive natural flavours and aromas helps to ensure that your large breed dog will enjoy meal time and feel fuller longer, allowing them to achieve an optimal body weight.
- Maintains Muscle Tone: To prevent excess weight gain and maintain your large breed dog at an ideal weight, a low-calorie diet, rich in proteins helps build preserve muscle mass, while also helping to burn fat. High protein (27%) and lower fat levels (13%) help limit weight gain while maintaining your large breed dog's lean muscle mass.
- Healthy Joints: Large breed dogs tend to put a lot of pressure on their joints. The addition of glucosamine (780 mg/kg) and chondroitin (220 mg/kg) helps to protect the joints. Additionally, Omega-3 essential fatty acids from anchovy oil help limit inflammation in joints.
- Made Specifically For: Overweight large-breed dogs from 15 months to 5 years of age
Maize, dehydrated poultry protein, barley, vegetable fibres, maize gluten, vegetable protein isolate*, animal fats, hydrolysed animal proteins, beet pulp, minerals, fish oil, yeasts, fructo-oligo-saccharides, soya oil, hydrolysed crustaceans (source of glucosamine), hydrolysed cartilage(source of chondroitin). ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Vitamin A:16900 IU, Vitamin D3: 900 IU, E1 (Iron): 40 mg, E2 (Iodine): 3.1 mg, E4 (Copper):6 mg, E5 (Manganese): 53 mg, E6 (Zinc): 173 mg, E8 (Selenium): 0.06 mg, L-carnitine: 200 mg - Preservatives - Antioxidants.
Analytical Constituents: Protein: 27% - Fat content: 11% - Crude ash: 5.8% - Crude fibres: 8.8%. *L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high assimilation