NEUTRADEX is an original, palatable muscle recovery supplement, mild diuretic and urinary buffer for horses. It contains sodium acid citrate to:
- Help horses prone to ‘tying up’ and assist with reducing muscle stiffness and soreness
- Help delay the onset of muscle fatigue to improve endurance
- Encourage horses to drink, helping to maintain fluid and electrolyte balance to maintain kidney and bladder function in performance horses
- High performance athletes in hard training
- Horses with a history of ‘tying up’
- Rehydration after exertion in conjunction with a balanced electrolyte
- Helping to flush toxins and waste products after hard exercise and hence maintain kidney, bladder and urinary tract function
- Young, nervous and heavily muscled horses in work
Why choose Neutradex?
- Scientifically balanced formulation for race recovery, tying up and hard exercise
- Neutralises damaging acid build-up – NEUTRADEX contains sodium acid citrate, a natural bicarbonate precursor to increase the body’s natural stores and actively helps neutralise lactic acid before it causes damage.
- Improves hydration, appetite and overall recovery after hard exercise
- Replaces essential sodium salts lost in sweat
Each 28 mL dose contains:
- Sodium acid citrate 7.93g
Dosage & Directions for use:
HORSES (450 – 500 KG)
28 mL of NEUTRADEX added to the feed daily. Following hard or fast work or racing, give 50 mL NEUTRADEX® orally (by syringe over the back of the tongue). Horses suffering from dehydration need a supplementary daily ration of electrolytes.
To help prevent tying up:
Give additional 30 mL by mouth after every workout or slow work and increase to 50 mL after any hard work (if horses are prone to muscle soreness and tying up).
To Maintain thirst on fast work days:
Give 50 mL NEUTRADEX over the tongue as soon as possible after very hard or fast exercise to neutralise acid and stimulate drinking.
50 mL over the tongue prior to evening meal.
Day after racing:
50 mL over the tongue prior to morning meal.
Store below 30˚C.
Ensure an adequate supply of cool, clean water is accessible. NEUTRADEX exerts a mild diuretic and neutralising effect on acidic substances which accumulate in the muscles and blood stream. Metabolic acidosis may impair normal muscular function, thereby interfering with performance. Dehydration, which can cause sluggish blood flow and impaired tissue oxygenation, can be effectively assisted by the administration of NEUTRADEX. In horses, NEUTRADEX may also be prescribed as a co-treatment in kidney, bladder and urinary tract infections.
Do not use NEUTRADEX within 24-36 hours before competition. Use immediately after hard work and after warm down exercise is completed, for one to two days. Add to the feed daily or give over the tongue. Ensure fresh water is available at all times after dosing. Use only as directed.