pH Alert® is a unique color device designed to be placed in the aquarium or filter and monitor pH continuously. A sensor changes color reversibly from yellow to orange to red alerting you to shifts in pH levels between 5.4 and 8.0. Freshwater use only.
Ammonia Alert's® sensor changes reversibly from yellow to green to blue, relative to the ammonia concentration. It detects less than 0.05 mg/L (ppm) free ammonia and alerts you to the #1 killer before any sign of stress. The presence of the free ammonia is detectable continuously with a response time of about 15 minutes. Response to decreasing ammonia is slower, requiring about 4 hours to go from TOXIC to SAFE on removal of ammonia. Marine or freshwater use.
- When first put in service, pH Alert® response time will be about 30 minutes.
- Thereafter, pH shifts will register within ten minutes.
- At 1.5" x 2.5", they are small, clear, and unobtrusive, so they won't detract from the view of your aquarium.
- Simply place Ammonia Alert® and pH Alert® visibly anywhere in the aquarium or filter.
- It’s that easy.
- No chemicals or test procedures are required.