Food tablets with wood content for large herbivorous sucker catfish from 15-40 cm
- Large food wafers for all sucker catfish that feed on plants and algae, such as many Hypostomus species. Its wood content meets the needs of catfish species which need to rasp wood
- Use: allow to sink to the aquarium ground. For twilight and nocturnal species, feed only after switching off the lights
- Natural raw ingredients without artificial additives for a natural diet and healthy aquarium fish. Tested on JBL research expeditions in the tropics
- Very high acceptance even with choosy species thanks to high-quality raw ingredients such as spinach, salmon, spirulina and shrimps
- Package contents: original sealed, air- and light-tight, recyclable tin with dosing aid inside the lid (for 250 ml, 1000 ml)
The group of sucker catfish is quite diverse in its diet: the vast majority of species feed herbivorously on plants and algae. Of these, many species are also wood eaters. However, there are also species, such as the zebra or cactus catfish, which do not eat plants but eat micro-organisms, insects and even dead fish. For these species JBL PRONOVO TAB is the right choice. For all other sucking catfish, JBL PRONOVO PLECO has been developed and is available in two sizes. By the way, experts can tell what the catfish eat by its dentition.
Some sucker catfish species will not come out when the light is on. If you then feed food tablets, they will disintegrate and tend to be eaten by the other fish, if they like "green food tablets". In this case it is advisable to feed JBL PRONOVO PLECO AFTER switching off the light. The wafers (chips which are thinner than food tablets) do not dissolve so quickly and retain their consistency until the catfish are active, so that the sucker catfish have to grate vigorously (important for the teeth - no joke!).
What do you do if you keep different bottom dwellers in an aquarium?
Fish also have a sense of taste and refuse food they don’t like. We do not keep ANY bottom-dwelling species, which would experience problems if they ate from a food tablet intended for another species (e.g. loaches). So feed both types of tablets (e.g. JBL PRONOVO PLECO for herbivorous sucker catfish and JBL PRONOVO TAB for carnivorous or omnivorous catfish) at the same time. It is even beneficial for the fish, as they are offered more variety and yet each group of fish gets its species-appropriate nutrition.