***PRODUCT SHORTDATED. EXP NOV 23***
A convenient liquid formulation for rapid fluid and electrolyte replacement in performance horses
What is Recharge:
RECHARGE is the ‘sports drink’ for horses and contains a concentrated solution of electrolytes and glucose with a palatable apple flavour to:
- Restore electrolyte levels immediately
- Stimulate the horse’s natural thirst mechanism to increase fluid intake and support rehydration
- Boost energy and assist in electrolyte absorption
- Horses prior to, during and after travel
- Performance horses following sweat loss
Why choose Recharge?
- Rapidly restores electrolyte levels - RECHARGE is formulated to provide rapid correction of fluid and electrolyte levels in the performance horse to maintain hydration, promote normal body function, provide efficient temperature regulation and heart and blood vessel stability and function.
- Added glucose for energy and drive electrolyte absorption.
- Versatile and palatable oral rehydration fluid – Can be diluted in drinking water or administered directing by a syringe over the tongue.
Each 60 mL dose contains:
- Sodium 2.4 g
- Potassium 1.8 g
- Chloride 3.8 g
- Phosphate 1.4 g
- Magnesium 176 mg
- Sulphate 695 mg
- Glucose 15.6 g
Dosage & directions for use:
RECHARGE concentrate solution can be administered by oral syringe over the back of the tongue, with immediate access to clean, fresh water provided to drink as required. Alternatively, RECHARGE can be diluted with clean, fresh drinking water as directed. Dosage rates are for 450 – 500 kg horses. Offer half dose volumes to ponies less than 350 kg.
|Horses (450 - 500 kg)||By Oral Syringe over Tongue||Made-up Drink in Water|
|Light Work (up to 30 minutes duration)||40 mL after exercise||40 mL in 2 litres of water|
|Moderate Work (30 – 60 minutes duration)||60 mL after exercise||60 mL in 3 litres of water|
|Heavy Work (Racing, Jumping, Dressage, Polocrosse, Polo, Stock Work)||80 mL after exercise||80 mL in 4 litres of water|
|Heavy Sweat Loss and Dehydration in all horses, Endurance, Eventing||80 mL after exercise||80 mL in 4 litres of water|
Special Dose Rates:
- 60 – 80 mL can be administered by oral syringe over the tongue, during a ride or at check points, provided water is available or offered immediately.
- 40 – 60 mL over tongue with water provided 30 – 60 minutes before travelling, repeat every 2 – 3 hours during travelling, and again on arrival as required.
Store below 30˚C. Protect from freezing. Replace cap tightly after use.